Wednesday 25 April 2012

Home Again


With all of my energy and thoughts being put into work these past few months, our house seems to have gone to rack-and-ruin.  I can't stand it when my home isn't in order.  It really gets to me because my home is my heaven-on-earth and when it's a mess, I'm a mess.  Today's Anzac Day public holiday gave me the perfect opportunity to spend some time getting the house in order and what better way to celebrate a fresh, tidy house than a bunch of flowers which I bought at our local supermarket.   I feel so much better because our house is looking like home again.

xx
Anna

10 comments:

Paula said...

It look gorgeous! I love your painting too - it sets the whole area off beautifully. I agree that if the house is a mess then I'm a mess - you can always tell when I'm feeling calm, orderly and in control - the books are straight, the flowers are co-ordinated and the cushions are pouffed to perfection! x

SD Interiors said...

i feel exactly the same way. Home has to be a sanctuary.

Faux Fuchsia said...

cannot cope if my home isn't in order either. Love the Bromley and the blooms xxx

pve design said...

Anna,
so true how when one's home is in order everything follows to the beat and the beauty.
I have a lovely pot of lily's too, love the heady scent.
pve

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

You are so right, and what better way to brighten up a home than with bright, beautiful flowers!!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Some supermarket flowers are such a surprise in quality & price, you've done well, looks delightful, love Posie

Unknown said...

I'm the same! I hate when my home is a mess!! (which happens when we get busy..)

Daryl Wark said...

Anna,
I had the very same feeling, I think the seasons bring on that urgency to nest.
By the way I drove past your store this morning and the windows look fantastic, I would love and I am sure many of your bloggers would love to see them in there full glory.Please share some photos.
Warm wishes,
Daryl

cinnamon hill said...

:-) you have my favorite flowers and artist ! ... and all is right with the world when the house is clean isn't it ! ... even better high after you clean the pantry ha, ha, .. we're all the same I think :-)

Talia said...

I am the very same way. If my house isn't in order, neither am I!

What lovely flowers!